Global climate change… escalating pollution of land, water, and air… accelerating habitat destruction in the forests and oceans… rapid decline of plant, animal, and fish species… swelling human population… grossly imbalanced resource allocation among nations… huge disparities in human living conditions… price and supply volatility in energy markets… international tensions, terrorism, and war… These are the critical and unprecedented challenges facing our civilization which inflict a terrible toll on our people, our companion species, and the planet itself. If not reversed soon, they threaten to end human life on Earth.
Our survival will require a vast and dramatic shift in how
human civilization generates and uses energy.
The World We Envision
Clean, safe, abundant, inexpensive energy for all…stabilized climate…clean and healthy water, food, and air for all…beautiful blue skies over our cities…low-impact, sustainable forestry and agriculture…beautiful landscapes unspoiled by wires and smokestacks…recycling of virtually all wastes…rivers running free and natural…thriving sustainable local economies…living standards and education rates increasing…birth rates declining…a global culture of sharing…unleashed human creativity…a new and lasting era of world peace…. With a revolution in energy as the foundation of renewed and loving stewardship of our planet, we can transform our world into a beautiful and healthy home full of promise, opportunity, abundance, and peace for all of humanity.
New Energy Movement (NEM) acts to promote the rapid widespread deployment of advanced, clean, and sustainable energy sources across our imperiled planet. This transformation in the way our civilization generates and uses energy provides the best physical means to protect the biosphere, remediate ecological damage, and enhance the health and well-being of the global human family.
NEM's major priority is to educate the public, policymakers, and investors about the need to support research, development, and use of zero-point energy, magnetic generators, advanced hydrogen processes, and other little-known powerful energy technologies now emerging from inventors and scientists all over the world.
- NEM seeks to expand public and democratic jurisdiction over questions of energy, peace, and sustainability. Energy policymaking can no longer be left in the hands of unaccountable corporate and government elites. A mature shift in the public consciousness and engagement on these issues is vital.
- NEM supports a massive shift of federal expenditures and research away from weapons programs, polluting fossil fuels, and conventional nuclear power and toward the rapid development and widespread deployment of clean, renewable energy. Each day we spend billions of dollars searching for and consuming polluting energy sources. Public support must be built for reallocating this spending to energy processes whose full environmental life-cycle impact is minimal.
- Reduce toxic and greenhouse emissions 80% by 2030, and to zero emissions by 2050. This can be achieved through global conversion to sustainable energy technologies of all kinds and employing comprehensive conservation programs. This will require changes in government and corporate policies and actions throughout the world, particularly in the United States and other industrialized nations.
New Energy Movement will:
- Stimulate the public and private funding and support needed for rapid development and deployment of the advanced energy technologies required to make the shift away from fossil fuels and conventional nuclear power.
- Encourage intelligent public discussion and debate regarding the best and safest energy options, including how to make the transition from a polluting to an emission-free energy economy with the least disruption and adverse effects.
New Energy Movement will educate by:
- Co-hosting international and regional conferences with Global Breakthrough Energy Movement, encouraging members of the public to discuss and demonstrate their support for new energy. These meetings will link interested citizens with new energy inventors and scientists, potential investors, policymakers, the media, and academics. The conferences will focus on the social and political issues involved in the transition to a New Energy economy and society. Our first international conference was held in Portland, Oregon in September 2004, with the theme "New Energy: The Courage to Change."
- Offering special briefings for journalists, policymakers, investors, and leaders of interest groups. Briefings for policymakers will support new energy legislative initiatives proposed by NEM, such as the "Energy Innovation Act of 2007."
- Enhancing awareness and facilitating public dialogue about new energy through the NEM website and the Global Breakthrough Energy Movement website, distribution of resource materials, production and distribution of documentary videos, and a variety of media appearances.
New Energy Movement will network by:
- Supporting the work of technology vetting specialists in assembling a database and performing assessments of the most promising new energy technologies.
- Engaging in dialogue and coordinating planning with the Global Breakthrough Energy Movement, Integrity Research Institute, the THRIVE Movement, New Energy Foundation, TeslaTech and other related groups to further the execution of our collective missions. Links to these allied organizations can be found on NEM's website.
New Energy Movement is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. Donations are tax-deductible. For more information on NEM, new energy technologies, and how you can help, contact us. Please share this information with others. Thank you.